Products: Floating Ball Valve
Our floating ball design complies with ANSI, ASME and API standards. We have also incorporated features required by specific end users such as Petrobras, Aramco, BP and Pemex – including ISO 15848-1,2 emissions testing.
We carry out NDT tests on sample castings per batch to ensure high quality castings for our “right first time” production philosophy.
Product design features
- Sealing options including additional graphite, O-rings and/or lip seals. Seating options including PTFE, PEEK and TCC Metal Seated.
- Specific paint requirements including NORSOK, NACE and features including organic internal coatings.
- NDT options based on project and criticality of valve.
- 1/2” to 8”
- 150lb to 2500lb
- Full and Reduced Bore
- Manual and Actuated
Statoil approved QTR qualified to NORSOK M650 edition IV.
- Carbon and Low Temperature Carbon Steel
- Austenitic and Super Austenitic Stainless Steels
- Duplex and Super Duplex
- Nickel alloys and Super alloys eg 6Mo, Hastelloy, Inconel and Monel
All from high quality castings. Other material combinations available against specific requirements.
- Metal Seated Ball valves with Tungsten Carbide Coating (TCC) on the seat and ball
- Inconel overlay seat pockets
- James Walker Seals / KalRez O'Rings
- Hot Dipped Galvanised Bolting (HDG)
Features & benefits
Our floating ball valve is designed for excellent sealing performance and longevity thus making it a natural choice for End Users and Operators. Our design includes many end user specification requirements as standard. This allows us to manufacture high specification ball valves rapidly.
The body wall thickness has been designed around end user corrosion resistance requirements.
Body Sealing Design
Body seal design is modular. We are therefore able to meet our customer sealing specifications, including lip seals, with our standard design patterns. Body seals feature O-ring plus graphite as standard rather than O-ring or graphite only.
Two piece or three piece construction ball valves meet the following standards: API 6D, API 608, BS EN ISO 17292, EN 12516-1,2, ASME B16.34, B16.5, B16.10, API 607/ISO 10497.
Stronger stem, meaning a higher MAST value, with no impact on break torques. The stem slot into ball is deeper and slightly curved which gives better control of ball and reduced risk of shearing. Our stem design incorporates a tamper proof antistatic device and is blowout proof.
Stem Sealing Design
The stem O-ring is located in the body which reduces the friction on the sealing area and so improves performance and provides a long cycle life as demonstrated by our Fugitive Emissions Testing. The stem seal design also features live loaded packing.
Compensate for wear and pressures to prolong sealing life. Seat is thicker and seated deeper in the valve.
Actuation Ready Design
Large ISO plate and plate designs reduces the time and cost of actuation. Uniform torques provide prolonged cyclic life.
Standard on lever and gear operated valves.
API 598/EN 12266-1. Fugitive Emission Testing to ISO-15848-1,2. Fire safe to API 607/EN ISO 10497. All tested in-house.